Monday 12 September 2011

The Girl Who Waited

So for me, I have no cable at my father's house, so for any television shows I usually have to wait a week or a bit for before I get to view them via iTunes. So finally, yesterday I got to see Night Terrors (Very good, btw) and The Girl Who Waited.

For any fellow Whovians, Amelia/Amy Pond has been a spectacular companion in all aspects, but holy SHIT did Karen Gillan outdo herself this episode. To recap, Amy gets stuck in a hospital physility while Doctor and Rory are in a different time stream and have to come and find her. All the while, Amy is stuck for 36 years on her own, fighting off the robots that work in the hospital to avoid death. When Rory and the Doctor finally come to her aid, Amy must make a decision if she really wants to be saved by the men who left her behind.

Anyways. It was a brilliant episode, with phenomenal acting from Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill (Rory) especially. I cried a bit at the ending even, it was beautiful.


Geronimo , Noella

No comments:

Post a Comment